Skål Sofia News
EMITT Trade Show February 2019
Sofia Skalleague Stanley Stankov had a business trip to Istanbul to attend the EMITT trade show beginning of February.
He was wonderfully received by the Turkish Skalleagues of various clubs and especially by President of SI Istanbul, Ata Eremsoy, with whom Stanley exchanged flags. In following communications, a visit of SI Istanbul to SI Sofia in Spring has been mutually agreed.
Skal Meeting 30/01/2018
Another successful Skal meeting!
What a way to start 2018 and the first Skal meeting of the year.
31th October 2017
Skal Monthly meeting.
Thanks to all who came to the monthly meeting, various topics were raised and debated, including an introduction from Jordan and his colleague from the StepforBugaria foundation (for more information click this link)
A very interesting round table discussion about employment in the hospitality trade, how it is becoming increasingly difficult and how to try to resolve it by introducing young people into the trade.
We were introduced to the new website and would like to thank James and his team at Opportunity Bulgaria for all their hard work. We have some final tweaks before we make the website live and start to ask all members for input.
Finally a special thanks to Mr Christoph Glaser (GM Hilton Sofia) and his dedicated team for hosting the event and inviting all attendees to dinner and drinks during the meeting.
It is vitally important that all members try to attend these meetings as the more heads around the table the more interesting it gets.
Looking forward to seeing you all at the next meeting.
Skål Sofia Events
World Tourism and Bulgarian News
- Mexico drops to seventh place in world tourism ranking – Mexico News Daily
- Microsoft releases Windows 10 19H1 Build 18362 and 20H1 Build 18860 – BetaNews
- Windows 10 20H1 build 18860 ships to Skip Ahead Insiders with 39 new SwiftKey languages, more bug fixes – OnMSFT
- The Latest: Portugal launches new tourism bid for Britons – Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Bulgaria invites investors for its second nuclear plant – Emerging Europe
- Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority participates in World Tourism Exhibition – Arabnews
- Kerala First State to Implement UN World Tourism Organisation’s ‘Tourism for All’ Initiative – corporate ethos
- Chinese Tourism Boom That Propped Up Luxury Brands Is Faltering – Bloomberg
- Experts from Bulgarian Building Control go to Alepu – Novinite.com
- Dmitry Medvedev Arrived on a Visit to Bulgaria – Novinite.com
Skål International Events
Interesting Facts about Bulgaria
In Bulgaria, yoghurt is everywhere. You’ll find it dolloped on falafel wraps, slathered on moussaka and lined up in supermarket refrigerators. It is the basis of traditional Bulgarian dishes such as tarator, a cold soup made of yoghurt, water, cucumber, walnuts and herbs; and snezhanka, a salad consisting of yoghurt, cucumbers, garlic and dill.