Skål Sofia News
EMITT Trade Show February 2019
Sofia Skalleague Stanley Stankov had a business trip to Istanbul to attend the EMITT trade show beginning of February.
He was wonderfully received by the Turkish Skalleagues of various clubs and especially by President of SI Istanbul, Ata Eremsoy, with whom Stanley exchanged flags. In following communications, a visit of SI Istanbul to SI Sofia in Spring has been mutually agreed.
Skal Meeting 30/01/2018
Another successful Skal meeting!
What a way to start 2018 and the first Skal meeting of the year.
31th October 2017
Skal Monthly meeting.
Thanks to all who came to the monthly meeting, various topics were raised and debated, including an introduction from Jordan and his colleague from the StepforBugaria foundation (for more information click this link)
A very interesting round table discussion about employment in the hospitality trade, how it is becoming increasingly difficult and how to try to resolve it by introducing young people into the trade.
We were introduced to the new website and would like to thank James and his team at Opportunity Bulgaria for all their hard work. We have some final tweaks before we make the website live and start to ask all members for input.
Finally a special thanks to Mr Christoph Glaser (GM Hilton Sofia) and his dedicated team for hosting the event and inviting all attendees to dinner and drinks during the meeting.
It is vitally important that all members try to attend these meetings as the more heads around the table the more interesting it gets.
Looking forward to seeing you all at the next meeting.
Skål Sofia Events
World Tourism and Bulgarian News
- Game of Thrones helps make tourism king in the North – BreakingNews.ie
- Grigor Dimitrov suffers ranking setback after early Monte Carlo exit – Tennis World USA
- Bulgaria picks Saudi-led group to build $1.2bn gas pipeline – Arab News
- Canadian wanted in Poland arrested at Greek-Bulgarian border | Kathimerini – www.ekathimerini.com
- Christchurch shooter Brenton Tarrant’s travels to Bulgaria investigated for far-right links – ABC News
- Lack of Bulgarian and Romanian Migrants Could Lead to Shortage of British Asparagus – Novinite.com
- Tourism’s boom is not universally welcome – Daily chart – The Economist
- International tourism hits 2020 forecast two years early – CNN
- World Tourism Cities Federation and the Tourism Research Center, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences jointly release “Report on World Tourism Economy Trends 2019” – PRNewswire
- Africa’s tourism grows with travel to Tunisia, South Africa, Kenya – Quartz
Skål International Events
Interesting Facts about Bulgaria
In Bulgaria, yoghurt is everywhere. You’ll find it dolloped on falafel wraps, slathered on moussaka and lined up in supermarket refrigerators. It is the basis of traditional Bulgarian dishes such as tarator, a cold soup made of yoghurt, water, cucumber, walnuts and herbs; and snezhanka, a salad consisting of yoghurt, cucumbers, garlic and dill.